The Society of Flight Test Engineers is an international fraternity of engineers with the primary goal of promoting technical and fraternal communication about aircraft flight testing. The Society has several different types of membership, tailored for individuals involved in (or in support of) flight testing, as well as students currently studying in the fields of science, math, or engineering.
Members become part of a large network of flight test professionals and are invited to both local and society level events. Members also gain access technical paper database and reference handbook built from years of experience in the flight test community.
Ready to Join?
If you are interested in joining SFTE contact us at SFTE.ICT@gmail.com and visit the international SFTE website. Membership applications may be submitted to the SFTE website: http://www.sfte.org/membership-individual/
Current college or university student enrolled in the sciences, mathematics or engineering
One of the following two criteria:
1. Engaged in an activity, possess scientific attainments, or have practical experience which qualifies as cooperation with flight test engineering activities
2. The designated representative from a corporate member
Engaged in flight test engineering and one of the following three criteria:
1. Bachelor of Science or post-graduate degree in engineering or in a physical science
2. Bachelor in a field other than engineering or physical science and at least 2 years experience in engineering
3. Degree from a university, college or technical school and at least 4 years experience in flight test engineering
Primarily engaged and experienced in flight test engineering , defined as the application of the principles of the physical sciences together with the principles of economics and human relations, to fields that pertain directly to flight test techniques, procedures, associated instrumentation or data systems. In addition, fulfill the criteria in one of the following paragraphs:
- Hold a post-graduate degree in engineering or in a physical science and at least 1 year experience in flight test engineering
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or in a physical science and at least 2 years in flight test engineering
- Bachelor degree in a field other than engineering or a physical science and at least 4 years in flight test engineering
- No degree but at least 7 years in flight test engineering